Optus Cable are blaming congestion, for less than ADSL speeds and give the usual we are updating equipment line like I see many others have got all year.
The last time this happen was when the Liberals got in and all those fence sitters went out and got cable because the sure as hell where now not getting fiber.
I have 4 things Aussies need to ponder about thier Internet.
1. Are Optus (or other ISP’s) service level agreements being broken?
2. Is the free Netflix Bandwidth Special impacting on productivity already?
3. Is Meta Data recording slowing our network down and will it in the future?
4. Are VPN’s that are now more widely being used to blame for congestion?
1. I am not paying more than $30 this month out of the $99 I usually spend if this continues
2. Yes I have 2 Apple Macs to update tonight and I can’t get a 295mb file to update in less than 6 hours
3. I don’t know the answer to this but know there will be a shit storm if it does come out that it will slow it down (a question for parliament)
4. I have tested a number of VPN’s and they are slower but is it slowing everyone else’s traffic?, maybe yes for torrents as there are more hops.